Sunday, December 19, 2004

Kia Canada Ad: "Bring Back Hockey"

This might be part of the beginning of a trend - major corporations forgoing selling their stuff to appeal to the NHL and NHLPA to get their shit together and get hockey back on the ice.

This one is from Kia, showing two guys thinking that they're gonna try to be replacement players. It's pretty good ("We put on a clinic out there..."), much better than the other such ad I've seen, the brewery one with guys singing a Culture Club song (yes, Culture Club) from way back.

Good on Kia for elbowing into what I figured was the exclusive domain of North American car companies, the hockey-loving guys niche.

My only problem with it is that, like so many other notable ads out there, you remember the ad but not so much the company (i.e. the real message) behind it.

Oh well. I don't expect to every buy a Kia anyway. But I like the ads and I appreciate the added pressure they're applying on the two key parties of the lockout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home